The relationship between Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular disease is well established and generally recognized by physicians and the general public. Metabolic Syndrome is diagnosed based on the presence of a combination of the following:
- Central obesity: which is an increased waist circumference of 40” in men and 36” in women.
- High Triglycerides
- Low HDL Cholesterol
- High Blood pressure
- Elevated fasting plasma glucose and/or a diagnosis of type-2 diabetes.
What is less commonly understood is the strong relationship between Metabolic Syndrome and increased cancer risk, compromised cancer outcomes and cancer recurrence.
This is why, if you are suffering from any of the conditions listed above, from a combination of the above (Metabolic Syndrome) or have been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease, a Licensed Naturopathic Physician with specialized training in Oncology is uniquely qualified to integrate your conventional care.
Cardiovascular Disease is a category of conditions that affects the heart or blood vessels and which includes:
- Cardiomyopathy – diseases of cardiac muscle
- Coronary heart disease – disease of the vessels of the heart
- Cardiotoxicity related to chemical compounds such as the chemotherapy Adriamycin
- Hypertensive heart disease – diseases of the heart due to high blood pressure
- Heart failure
- Cor pulmonale – a failure of the right side of the heart
- Cardiac dysrhythmias – abnormal heart rhythm
- Inflammatory heart disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Cerebrovascular disease – disease of blood vessels of the brain such
- Peripheral arterial disease – disease of blood vessels that of the arms and legs
Cardiovascular conditions respond very well to Naturopathic treatment. When treating cardiovascular disease, we combine the most thoroughly researched natural therapeutics, including botanical medicine, nutritional supplementation, diet and exercise planning, relaxation and meditation techniques, and group support. Furthermore, when we address the underlying causes of cardiovascular disease, we can typically and simultaneously reverse Obesity, Type II Diabetes, and Metabolic Syndrome (*references on file, Cardiac Services For Patients1).
Both research and clinical practice has shown that comprehensive nutritional and lifestyle modification, when used as a primary intervention, can eliminate or drastically reduce both pharmaceutical and surgical intervention. Naturopathic interventions for cardiovascular disease have been shown to reduce the risk of other concomitant diseases, such as cancer, type II diabetes, heart attack, and erectile dysfunction. And if you are currently recovering from any of these conditions, Naturopathic interventions have been shown to reduce the risk of reoccurrence.
My recommendations are thoroughly researched, science-based, and will help you:
- reverse cardiovascular disease.
- eliminate or greatly reduce your need for pharmaceutical or surgical intervention.
- bring your blood pressure down to a healthy level.
- stabilize your blood sugar and reverse type II diabetes.
- lose weight.
- gain mental and physical energy.
- reduce your risk of cancer occurrence and recurrence.
- reduce your risk of heart attack.
- reverse erectile dysfunction.
- reduce your risk of morbidity and mortality.
All recommendations for each patient are completely individualized based on a comprehensive patient history and intake, and take into consideration each patient’s diagnosis, full medical history, current treatment regimen, all concurrent medical conditions and symptoms, lifestyle factors, budget, psycho-social considerations, informational needs and the involvement of loved ones.